Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Insecurities....

Seems so odd to write a post about being insecure after just discuss feeling blessed.  I struggle with depression and I have more highs then lows these days thankfully.  I helped to plan a birthday party this past weekend.  I had met most the people coming to the party but a few people I didn't know real well but I had met them in the past.  I know I may be being too sensitive but the fairly new acquaintance's had introduced themselves like we never met and of course I laughed it off.  Well, from there my insecure "demons" that said "you're invisible, no one remembers you, you're not worth remembering" started....and well I've been struggling the last few days.  I couldn't sleep last night so I got up and did this quick sketch in my Dyan Reaveley journal.  I have both her journals, and I love them both but this sketch is done in the small one.

 
 
It's just amazing how once I got this down and those negative voices outta my head I was able to crawl back into bed and drift off to sleep.  I'm happy happy happy to say that I awoke this morning feeling like a whole new person. :-D  I hope that this helps someone....know that you're not the only one that has issues to work through.  Find what therapy helps you....for me it's playing in one of my journals.
 
Here's a link for the journal I used:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment