Saturday, December 6, 2014

Time well spent....

Hey y'all!  I'm trying to be more consistent, can ya tell?? hahahahaha well the last few days if you would have come by or called and asked what I was doing you would have found my hands covered in paint....ahhhhhh  I LOVE gettin messy! Especially when I'm dealing with issues.

I have been taking Donna Downey's 48 weeks online class.  Lemme just say if you're on the fence about taking it JUMP IN!!!  I'm so in love with this class and I'm learning soooo much!  I know the whole class seems expensive but it breaks down to just over 13.00 per week.  And no worries, if you don't have the exact supplies she uses she encourages using what you have.  The facebook group is super supportive too.  I could go on and on and on and on.....well you get the point ;-D
Here's the link just in case  ;-)

http://www.donnadowney.com/online-workshops/48-weeks.html

Back to what I'm trying to say.  I was working on this week's lesson, here's a picture of my finished page
 
 
Inspiration of "trees" borrowed from an incredible classmate.  I had leftover paint on my palette and I can't let Golden paint go to waste so I slapped some in my Dyan Reaveley journal and just played.  I wish I would have taken pictures starting with but at least I got the last two...here's one before
 
It's ok....I just wasn't feeling like it was done so I ended up outlining the pattern and then made some drips then used the drips to do my journaling.  I'm happy with the way it turned out and felt so much better after playing in my space and letting my mind just drift away the heaviness on my mind. I did give a nice swipe of Dorland's wax to prevent my pages from sticking.  A trick learned in Donna Downey's 48 weeks class!
Sorry my pictures aren't great but I'm still learning this picture taking and blogging process.  I hope you go cover your hands in paint!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment