Saturday, November 1, 2014

I met Julie Fei-Fan Balzer!!!

I was star struck!!  I've followed Julie's blog http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/ for years now.  When I read on her blog that she was going to be at the Houston International Quilt show I HAD to go.  Julie was doing demo's so I didn't get to chat with her like I hoped but she was soooo gracious and down to earth, I think we could have gone to lunch and chatted. LOL Her mama certainly did a great job raising her.  Now, my dream is to go to NYC and take a mixed media class from her at her "hometown" store http://www.theinkpadnyc.com/.  Julie, thank so much! you made my day.

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful for you to meet someone you consider such an integral part of your journey to where you are now and where you are going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a huge fan of hers ... would have loved to have drove to Houston to see her. Keep hoping she will teach a class somewhere in Texas I'd be there in a heartbeat. Loved your salt tutorial, very cool. Good luck with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim.....I'm a huge fan of hers too. Thankfully I live in Houston so I didn't have much of a drive but I would have if I wasn't close :-) Meeting her was wonderful and I can tell you I really don't think she knows how famous she is in the art world....she was soooo gracious and funny and just down to earth. My next dream is to take a class in NYC from her.
      I'm glad you enjoyed the tutorial - I was so nervous! Happy crafting!!

      Delete
  3. You got it right...Julie's delightful and so gracious. I met her at a class earlier this year in Colorado. Loved your tutorial on her blog!

    ReplyDelete