Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Common ties that bind

I'm sitting here and been staring at a blank screen....not knowing what to write but knew I needed to blog something.  I'm in an art group on facebook that hosts so many art swaps like postcards, atc's, mini books, happy mail, etc.  I haven't been participating as much lately due to the fact that most my art supplies are still packed and I'm not sure when they will be unpacked.  We recently moved back home :-D after a 3 year stay in another state - and that's a whole other story...
.......back to my thoughts at hand. Soooo I was looking at posts made in the art group and noticed that one of the very active members, who seems really sweet, was going to be in Houston at an art class so I of course inquired.  Sadly it's during the week and pricey.  Still trying to figure out how I can manage and I know if it's meant to be it'll all work out.  However, she said 'hey I'm coming in a few days early to see the city maybe we can meet for dinner.'  Now I don't usually have dinner with someone I've never met, I'm very much a hermit.  But I thought wow, someone I've never met and yet the art connects us...which led to more thinking about how cool it would be to travel and meet up with others.

I'm also a HUGE Elvis Presley lover and my best friend and I have been on Elvis cruises and made the pilgrimage to Elvis week and traveled to Elvis festivals.  We've met really wonderful people and made friendships all because of Elvis.  We are still amazed at the connection and friendships we've made that if it hadn't been for Elvis we would have never met such wonderful people.  And when we see their faces at and Elvis event it's like a family reunion.  Again a common tie that binds.....

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing the things that happen when you take one tiny step outside your box, isn't? You find connections you didn't know existed!

    ReplyDelete