Thursday, October 30, 2014

off we go?

Hello out there, there, there.....Well, this would be my first blog post (besides the construction one, which I don't count).  I really don't know where to begin!  My friend Milissa has been encouraging me to start a blog and my question to her was "but I'm not sure I have anything to say". That being said I am still not sure if I have anything that will be interesting to anyone but I'm giving it a go anyway. And in case you're wondering yes, Milissa has her own blog http://millermall.blogspot.com/

I recently was able to move back home to Texas after a 3 year absence - I was really sad while living in SC.  A few good things came out of that time .... one being I discovered mixed media.  Two blogs and teachers I follow are Donna Downey http://donnadowney.typepad.com/ and Julie Fei-Fan Balzer http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/.  These two ladies have really no idea who I am but they "saved me".  It was through their blogs and online classes I am finding the artist within me....she's been buried deep my whole life and in fact I didn't know she was there...and it's weird to say "artist" but yah, I'm claiming it and it feels great. 
I hope someone out there will follow me on this new journey.

Till later....

4 comments:

  1. So glad you joined the blogging world and have found your "voice"! I'm sure you will find plenty to say and plenty of people to listen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks chickee for your encouragement and friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa... I am so thrilled to have found your blog through Julie's post today. Love your tutorial- i look forward to trying it out. I've always loved watercolors, but don't use them very often anymore. I wanted to share how much your first blog post resonated with me. Your words are essentially mine as well...I too love Julie and Donna Downey, and many others. I have started my blog- written a few posts- but haven't yet put it "out" there. So thank you and aren't friends like Milissa a blessing?! If you're inclined- please come see me at: www.soullyart.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for your kinds words and for taking the time to leave a comment. I will be visiting your blog as well :-D

    ReplyDelete