Monday, February 2, 2015

Shake It....

Hey ya'll!

I've been mia and I apologize for that.  Honestly I haven't been sure what to post.  I was chatting with my crafty friend/blog mentor Milli and we came up with a plan....
She's going to play along with me on my blog and I'm going to play along with her on her blog http://millermall.blogspot.com/2015/02/shaking-thinks-up-with-pinterest.html . How does that benefit you?  Well, you get twice the fun.  For example, for today's post, she is also creating a fun little project based on today's inspiration so when you are all done here, you can hop over to her blog, One Scrap Happy Momma, and see what wonderfully creative masterpiece she created.  Sounds like fun, huh?

Today's pick was from http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2015/01/video-no-bulk-shaker-cards.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=video-no-bulk-shaker-cards
Since I have a birthday coming up that needed a card I decided to go with that.  I was also feeling lazy so I didn't want to go out and buy confetti so I pulled from my stash and found things that would work and I also used my handy dandy hole puncher and punched some double sided paper.  For the holder of all the shaker goodness I used an old 7 Gypsies photo sleeve thingy and I'm not sure if they are still available but you could also use these http://milipea.ctmh.com/retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=4522&ci=967.  I just put my little ATC and my "found" shaker stuff then folded over the sleeve and sewed up one side to keep it closed.  Then using my red line adhesive I attached my little shaker to the card front. 
I've already thought about other shaker projects I could do...like making fridge magnets or making some framed shakers...what ideas do you have? 
 
Don't forget to hop over to Milli's blogat http://millermall.blogspot.com/2015/02/shaking-thinks-up-with-pinterest.html at One Scrap Happy Momma and see what she did to "shake things up".  Did we inspire you?  Let us know!  Leave a link in the comments.  We'd love to see what you created!



1 comment: