Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 & I'm a class junkie....

Happy New Year!  I can not believe it's 2015...seems so weird, but then again doesn't each new year sound odd?  So did you make any new years resolutions or pick a word for the year?  No resolutions here...well not "proclaimed" but I have areas in my life I'm going to work on.

My hubby took vacation for the holidays and we had planned to do staycacation stuff but we ended up just spending a lot of time at home just enjoying being together as a family, reconnecting.  My son even took a break from his, what seemed almost constant, gaming.  We watched tv, talked, the boys worked on models and Lego's while I played with paper craft stuff.  We set up a 4ft and 10ft table in our living room and hung out.  It was the most wonderful, glorious, fantastic time well spent reconnecting. 

I thought today I would share with you some classes I'm doing.  I'm still working on my 48 weeks, I'm also doing  metamorphosis, 10x10 canvases in 10 days and Inspiration Wednesday.  All these online classes are by the great Donna Downey and you can find them here http://www.donnadowney.com/online-workshops.html.  I have not been disappointed once with her classes...it's amazing to me how she can teach me (and I'm sure others) through a computer and it's like she reaches through and pulls stuff outta me, do you know what I mean? I didn't realize what "talent" laid within me ....

I'm also learning to make my own Junque Journal by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and you can find that workshop along with her others here http://balzerdesigns.com/Classroom/ and let me tell you, I've already made my signatures and I had a blast PLUS used up tons and tons of scraps!!!!  I've also done almost all of her "getting started with" along with the stamp carving and I highly recommend those. Julie is such a fun and funny teacher you won't be disappointed!

I'm also seriously thinking of taking Tracy Verdugo's Paint Mojo.  You can check out the details here http://tracyverdugo.com/shop/ecourse/paint-mojo-the-ecourse-the-journey-begins/.  Seriously. 
I have her book http://www.amazon.com/Paint-Mojo-Mixed-Media-Techniques-Expression/dp/1440333130/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420476496&sr=8-1&keywords=paint+mojo
which I intend to start playing with.  I will do my best to remember to take pics and post as I progress with that. 

Whew! to write this and re-read it, it seems I'm a class junkie!  hahahahahaha  I do love taking online classes, firstly I can watch them over and over and rewind when I don't understand something and I get to take them in my pj's day or night - I have issues sleeping so this helps those late nights.

So what are your plans for the coming year?  If you're taking any classes what classes are you taking?  One could never be enrolled in too many can they? LOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment